Transforming the physical and social landscape
Over its lifetime, it is estimated that the City Deal will:
- Deliver £2.2 billion in additional GVA per annum (a 4% uplift) across the City Region.
- Support an additional overall increase of around 29,000 jobs in the City Region.
- Create 15,000 construction jobs through the City Deal construction programme.
- Work with 19,000 unemployed residents and support over 5,500 back into sustained employment.
- Lever in an estimated £3.3 billion of private sector investment to support the delivery of the projects within the infrastructure programme.
- Spread the benefits of economic growth across the Region, ensuring deprived areas benefit.