The Glasgow City Region Anchor Network was established with a first meeting in April 2023, and is made up of senior representatives from a range of public, private and third sector place-based organisations that are anchored within Glasgow City Region.
The organisations represented within the Anchor Network all have an influential role in the economy of Glasgow City Region as employers, procurers, investors and/or owners of land and property. This includes employing those who live in the Region as well as having significant procurement and investment spend which can be harnessed locally.
The Network will collectively provide leadership and momentum for building community wealth in the Regional economy, with a shared mission to align operations strategically to maximise the wider economic impact of the member organisations.
The Network meets in person every six-months for an Anchor Accelerator Summit focused on a clear ask (or asks) of members.
- The eight member local authorities of Glasgow City Region.
- Blue Triangle Housing Association
- Department of Work and Pensions
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Glasgow City Region Programme Management Office
- Glasgow Colleges Regional Board
- Morrison Construction
- The Mungo Foundation
- New College Lanarkshire
- NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- NHS Lanarkshire
- Scottish Power
- Scottish Association for Mental Health (SAMH)
- Skills Development Scotland
- Turning Point Scotland
- The University of Glasgow
- University of the West of Scotland